Guide To Installing A Stove Into A Chimney With Flexible Liner
This type of installation is favoured by most installers. Flexible liner will ensure the life of your chimney is maintained. Flexible Liner heats up extremely quickly and ensures that the draught is up to a maximum very quickly. Flexible liner holds a 10 year guarentee against corrosion. At Woodburner Warehouse we only use 904/316 grade of flexible liner which has a higher anti corrosion system to the the lesser quality flexible liner some of our competitors use.
Below we will explain exactly what items you will require in order to install your stove and what rules you must follow in order to comply with building regulations and to be completly safe.
What is needed to install my woodburner?
Below you will find the products needed to install a stove into an existing unlined chimney.
- Woodburning Stove, Multi Fuel Stove or Gas Stove
- Single Skin Stove Pipe
- Register Plate (Can be steel or fireproof board)
- Adaptor To Flexible Liner
- Class 1 Flexible Liner (for multifuel & woodburning stoves) or Class 2 Flexible liner (For Gas)
- Top Chimney Clamp and Plate
- Wind Jammer Cowl
Important Guidelines To Follow When Installing Your Stove
To find out what output of stove you require simply use our Online Stove Output Calculator
When determining what stove will fit into your fireplace you most follow the following guidelines:
- You must have a gap of 150mm each side of the stove to non combustible materials and 230mm if there are combustible materials to the side.
- You must have 230mm above the stove to non combustible materials and 460mm above the stove if there is combustible materials (for example wood)
- You must position the stove at least 50mm from the back of the stove to the back wall.
- Your hearth Must extend at least 225mm in front of the stoves firebox.
- You Must also ensure that if your stove has a greater output than 5kw you must have an air vent in the room venting out to an external air source
Step By Step Guide To Installing Your Stove
- Firstly push the flexible liner down the chimney until it pops out the bottom of the chimney. Please be careful on the roof!
- Position the stove into place while making sure that you have followed the above rules and guidlines.
- push the Adaptor To Flexible Liner onto the top of the stove pipe until secure (use fire cement if necessary)
- Place the stove pipe through the register plate and push into the stove collar (Use fire cement if required)
- Pull the Flexible Liner down until it meets the adaptor to flexible liner and push together and use the self tapping screws to ensure a good connection.
- Ensure that you have a good seal on all the joints.
- Secure the register plate.